Wednesday, April 7, 2010

SharePoint 2010 Beta 2 Installation Headaches

This my first Blog about SharePoint 2010 installation. I have used VirtualBox , since it's lean and mean virtualization and above all FREE. Anyhow, so I went ahead and installed OS 2008 R2 and updated he virtual machine. Then I went ahead and downloaded the SharePoint 2010 Public Beta and installed it. The installation for the binaries and prerequisites software went smooth. However, during the configuration part I got the following error:

UserProfile Error

There are several blogs indicate the above error is related to memory, which may be the case since I have allocated 4 GB of ram for SharePoint Server, and in some Blogs they recommend to have at least 8 GB or ram. But that is not all, I have checked the application logs and it has a lot of errors

AppliocationLogErrors

It seems that there are issue with Windows 2008 R2 in terms of WCF updates for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. What really bothers me is the fact that Microsoft will officially launch SharePoint 2010 in mid on May 2010, and it seems that there are issues that needs to be addressed first before companies start to deploy/upgrade SharePoint 2010. At this point I am really looking for open source solution other than SharePoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment