Tuesday, April 13, 2010

SharePoint 2010 Beta 2 and Profile Synchronization

So, I have installed SharePoint 2010 Beta 2 on a virtual environment. The installation went fine and I launched the wizard to configure the farm for me. I was trying to follow Microsoft Technet article of how to configure profile synchronization (SharePoint server 2010) and it was confusing to follow the article since I got stuck on one of the steps to verify Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service and Forefront Identify Manager Service are running. The article does not explain why we need these two services or even a link. So, I went to services.msc and here what I found:



I have tried to start both services and I could not, them changed the Log On As to the SharePoint service account ( I have used one account to install and configure SharePoint) and that failed too.

I know this is still in Beta, but this an important piece to configure and I am sure that are a lot if issues with it.

Next action plan is to create a new SharePoint farm and manually configure the services.

No comments:

Post a Comment