Wednesday, April 28, 2010

KB 949516 and SharePoint 2010 Deployment

I was reading SharePoint Deployment Scenario and came across Public updates and hotfixes packages section, it states the following:

"After you install the prerequisites on each farm server, you will need to install Error message when you use the "IMSAdminBase::CopyKey" method as a part of the IIS 6.0 Compatibility components in IIS 7.0: "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003" on the application server first, and then on the two Web servers."

The previous statement is confusing, since it indicates that this update needs to be installed on Application Server first, then to other Web Servers. Since we have not installed SharePoint server, order is not relevant. Another crucial thing is the fact that when I tried to apply this update to my server (Windows 2008 SP2) I got the following error:










The official release for SharePoint 2010 is May 12, and I think it's very important that Microsoft should start reviewing their documentation.

At this point I am not sure if this update is essential for SharePoint Deployment, my guess is not, and I will start deployment/testing SharePoint without the previously mentioned update.

No comments:

Post a Comment