Tuesday, July 20, 2010

PDF documents won't open in web browser even after changing Browser File Handling to permissive in SharePoint 2010 Central Admin

Today I have opened a case with Microsoft SharePoint Support Team in regard to an issue where clicking on a PDF document would not open in a web browser instead it will give the following options:

Before calling Microsoft, I have tried iisreset, rebooted the servers, ran the configuration wizard, and dismounted and re-mounted the database to no avail.

To make the long story short the support technician informed me that  since the document libraries got created via a template my only option is to re-create the document libraries. Also, he informed me that there might be a fix either via Service Pack or SharePoint updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment